Will Prazi Pro mess up natural growth on my rock?

ronsgirl520

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to treat my show tank with PraziPro and have live rock in there with a lot if natural growth on it. Almost looks like green hair. Will the PraziPro kill it and spike my parameters? The bottle says it is safe and won't mess up my natural bio filter. Does anyone have personal experience with this or have any feedback before I PraziPro the tank? I have several fish with fluke (I've dipped them already) so whole tank needs treated.

Thanks!!

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive done it a few times, other that a few browned out acros that made a full recovery within a couple months I had zero issues. Biggest impact on your system IMO is that your skimmer will have to be off and sometimes it takes a few rounds to win the battle.

OP
OP
R

ronsgirl520

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive done it a few times, other that a few browned out acros that made a full recovery within a couple months I had zero issues. Biggest impact on your system IMO is that your skimmer will have to be off and sometimes it takes a few rounds to win the battle.
My levels are starting to spike having my skimmer off while prazipro is in there. How soon or often can I do a water change with prazipro in it?

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you would be fine to do a water change if needed, just treat the new water.

Last edited:

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prazipro targets flukes, tapeworms, planaria, and turbellarians (including anchor worms). It should not be used in a tank with feather dusters or other ornamental worms.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 99 44.4%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 75 33.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back