Will these fish kill eachother or nah?

toi_ss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I'm wondering if all of these fish are compatible and safe.
Also what order should I add these in. I know your meant to add them least to most aggressive but a lot of them are different sizes and have the same aggression levels so some help would be appreciated. (display is 475 gallons)

5x Monodactylus Argenteus - 10 inches
5x Abudefduf saxatilis/Sergeant major - 6 inches
3x Lutjanus Kasmira/Bluestripe Snapper - 10 inches
1x Silver Trevally or Bigeye Trevally - 19 inches
1x Auriga Butterfly - 8 inches
1x Narrow Lined or Immaculate Puffer - 12 inches
1x Yellowfin Surgeonfish - 20 inches

Would this be considered high bioload for a tank this size? 475 display with 120 sump

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting fishes in there.

Even though 475 gallons is a really big tank for a hobbyist, the Trevally get huge. I would skip them.

I suspect the Sgt majors will all hate each other, or they'll maybe pair off and hate each other. I'm not sure.

The monos, buttefly, and tang would be a great start. That species of snapper is really nice for big tanks. I don't have experience with that puffer.

What are the tank's dimensions?

OP
OP
toi_ss

toi_ss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting fishes in there.

Even though 475 gallons is a really big tank for a hobbyist, the Trevally get huge. I would skip them.

I suspect the Sgt majors will all hate each other, or they'll maybe pair off and hate each other. I'm not sure.

The monos, buttefly, and tang would be a great start. That species of snapper is really nice for big tanks. I don't have experience with that puffer.

What are the tank's dimensions?
300x120x50 cm, Do you know any alternatives to a trevally, im looking for sort of a large ish silvery fish similar to that. Should I skip the sergeant major and trevally for something else more peaceful/smaller and should I add the pufferfish last?

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
300x120x50 cm, Do you know any alternatives to a trevally, im looking for sort of a large ish silvery fish similar to that.
Those fish just get so darn big, like 2-3+ feet. Monos might be a good option. M. argenteus.

and should I add the pufferfish last?
I can't help you there. Looks like an appropriate sized puffer, but I don't have experience there.

Grog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5x Monodactylus Argenteus - 10 inches
I can't comment on the other fish choices, but I've kept Monos in my tank in the past and they are cool additions. They sort of school, they are not seen too frequently, and do pretty well without disturbing others. Good neighbors IMO.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back