Will this Bayers dip equivalent work?

mujimran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beginner here. Got my first GSP couple of weeks back and put it straight in the tank. Got another coral 4 days back (Whisker coral) and came to know you are supposed to dip it in Bayers solution, so ordered one at Amazon (caused Home depot didnt have it). Got it delivered today but its a different band and is not in liquid form . Will this work for a coral dip?

Also the whisker coral is sitting in a cup since 4 days. Will it be fine? What should I do till I get it dipped and reasdy?

B3669A61-8FC1-42CE-8B4B-2330B8A8F5F1.jpeg

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you say sitting in a cup do you mean that you recieved the coral 4 days ago and have left it out of the tank that whole time? Also, I'm not sure about the bag of Bayer, but even the bottle has had the brand on the label changed to BioAdvanced.

OP
OP
M

mujimran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you say sitting in a cup do you mean that you recieved the coral 4 days ago and have left it out of the tank that whole time? Also, I'm not sure about the bag of Bayer, but even the bottle has had the brand on the label changed to BioAdvanced.
Yes it was sitting in a cup for 4 days. I changed the water 3 times from the tank. After getting the granular bag, I gave up and put it in my tank. Its suffered enough.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The liquid is the same thing with a different name. I'd try to not use the dry form unless you get someone to answer definitively that it's okay. I've never heard of anyone using anything other than the liquid.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back