Will Trident test ALK without Reagent B and C?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I had another 2 month supply......WRONG....Will my Trident keep testing alk without the B and C reagent ?
I cannot find any reagent in stock anywhere, like everyone else.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. If any of the reagents are out, none of the tests will run. Once a reagent is empty the Trident goes into Alarm state and stops all activity until corrected.

I saw someone suggest filling the empty A bottle with RO/DI to hopefully get it to continue testing B & C, but not sure how that would impact overall performance.

If you have to stop testing until getting a refill, be sure to run the Trident Shutdown task to purge all the lines before it goes offline for longer than 72 hours.

Scubadoo4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I had another 2 month supply......WRONG....Will my Trident keep testing alk without the B and C reagent ?
I cannot find any reagent in stock anywhere, like everyone else.
No and your not supposed to let the reagents drop below 5%.

OP
OP
slojmn

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like the unit is measuring ALK regularly, there is plenty of reagent left, 40%. It is not testing the Cal or Mag. I'm going to sit by the machine this evening and see what is what I am so frustrated with the lack of reagent in stores over the last 3-4 months. I think there was a huge run on it when all this shelter in place started. I am out of luck at this point.

haitian_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like the unit is measuring ALK regularly, there is plenty of reagent left, 40%. It is not testing the Cal or Mag. I'm going to sit by the machine this evening and see what is what I am so frustrated with the lack of reagent in stores over the last 3-4 months. I think there was a huge run on it when all this shelter in place started. I am out of luck at this point.
BRS has been trickling their 2 month supply almost every day. Sign-up for their notification.

OP
OP
slojmn

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS has been trickling their 2 month supply almost every day. Sign-up for their notification.

Yea, I've signed up for every email notification I could find, LOL.

I decided to turn the machine off completely, I went through the shutdown procedure and forgot to unplug the unit power cord, I think it tried to test all night, UGGGG. Then, I tried to pull the cord out of the back of the unit and it wouldn't come out. Finally realized that it was a pinch and pull deal. By then the unit light went from blue to red,while I was tugging on it. I sure hope I didn't mess up the hole darn thing.

guc32

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine still test alk, but only 2 times a day. Which lets me run longer without buying reagents. And have the B n C empty warning.

OP
OP
slojmn

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine still test alk, but only 2 times a day. Which lets me run longer without buying reagents. And have the B n C empty warning.
This is good to know. Thank you.

DeputyDog95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm out of town and ran out of reagent C. Plenty of Alk left through.

Is there a way to force the trident to test alkalinity?

I tried doing it manually in the settings, but it won't test alkalinity despite having 35 tests remaining.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 33 28.9%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 28 24.6%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%
Back