Trident Readings

hadams356

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I calibrate Trident everytime I replace reagents.
Have Trident programmed to maintain Alk at 8.4 and does pretty good job but after calibration and retest Trident shows an Alk level of 7.45. This happens everytime I replaced reagents. Is this normal since before calibration Alk levels say their maintaining around 8.4. If this is normal then the Trident values can't be relied on. Correct?
Does anybody else have this problem? If I have too keep checking the Trident parameters with another test kit why are we buying these reagents if the the Trident does not reflect the true parameters. Calcium and Mg does same thing. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I calibrate Trident everytime I replace reagents.
Have Trident programmed to maintain Alk at 8.4 and does pretty good job but after calibration and retest Trident shows an Alk level of 7.45. This happens everytime I replaced reagents. Is this normal since before calibration Alk levels say their maintaining around 8.4. If this is normal then the Trident values can't be relied on. Correct?
Does anybody else have this problem? If I have too keep checking the Trident parameters with another test kit why are we buying these reagents if the the Trident does not reflect the true parameters. Calcium and Mg does same thing. Any suggestions would be appreciated
Are you putting the calibration solution at the same height as the sample line? And also priming before and after calibration?

Last edited:
OP
OP
hadams356

hadams356

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Calibration fluid within a few inches but have not been priming before or after. Thanks for video will be sure to watch.

AcanSamDC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you putting the calibration solution at the same height as the sample line? And also priming before and after calibration? Here’s a vid I did to help with the process.

Matt,

Thanks for the video! Two questions:

1. Doesn’t the trident auto prime the new reagents when you run the change reagents task? Why do you manually push that task through again after?

2. What’s the risk involved in pulling air into the reagent lines? Doesn’t the system prime the replacement agents when you change them after getting a test fail notification due to air in the line?

Thanks again!

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matt,

Thanks for the video! Two questions:

1. Doesn’t the trident auto prime the new reagents when you run the change reagents task? Why do you manually push that task through again after?

2. What’s the risk involved in pulling air into the reagent lines? Doesn’t the system prime the replacement agents when you change them after getting a test fail notification due to air in the line?

Thanks again!
Good questions! I don’t know if the Trident auto primes when using the task function. But I can look into it. I always use the manual function when changing reagents. The only concern I have with the air is inaccurate readings. By manually running a prime cycle, I eliminate that possibility. Please note that I am not suggesting that the way I do things is the only way to do it. I am just sharing what works for me.

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back