Will Using Chmiclean kill any inverts

Mr.Storm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been having a Cyno bacteria problem and I can’t seem to get rid of it I’ve used Cemiclean before but this was before I had to cleaner shrimp and could Cemiclean possibly kill my cleaner shrimp

mrlavalamp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used it a couple times and had no issues with my coral banded or peppermint shrimp.

In my past research I found that a lot of the cases of casualties resulting from chemiclean usage had to do with improper usage. The primary case seemed to be failing to follow the directions regarding additional oxygenation.

Adding a good sized air stone to the display and take off your skimmer cup but continue to run it overflowing back into the sump are the way to avoid this.

If you have a large cyano outbreak, I would also repeat the water change at the end, it can't hurt and if you kill a bunch cyano at the same the nutrients bound up in them must go somewhere so repeating the water change step helps remove those nutients instead of allowing some other algae to suck them up.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

Mr.Storm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used it a couple times and had no issues with my coral banded or peppermint shrimp.

In my past research I found that a lot of the cases of casualties resulting from chemiclean usage had to do with improper usage. The primary case seemed to be failing to follow the directions regarding additional oxygenation.

Adding a good sized air stone to the display and take off your skimmer cup but continue to run it overflowing back into the sump are the way to avoid this.

If you have a large cyano outbreak, I would also repeat the water change at the end, it can't hurt and if you kill a bunch cyano at the same the nutrients bound up in them must go somewhere so repeating the water change step helps remove those nutients instead of allowing some other algae to suck them up.
Thanks I will try that and hope it works out

Upvote 0

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 36.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back