Will your Naso tang ever stop eating?

bahamasmls

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I havent seen a post on this, only naso tangs going on hunger strikes. Okay my Naso tang i have had for about a year now. Probably one of the first fish i put in my new tank. From day one he has had a great appetite. He actually never fills up and will not stop eating, which is great meaning hes super healthy. I guess some what of a good problem to have!

My only concern is that he doesn't really give the other fish a fair chance to eat. Some fish just peck away and he pounds the food back...... I am not really concerned that he is growing like crazy as we are moving into a much bigger tank in the next few weeks.

Would love to hear if other people have this issue as well?

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lieutenant tang is the same, I’m not sure where all that food is going

bevo5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My Naso eats like a horse for sure. Although this morning he wasn't at all interested in food and I was getting worried. Then I realized my giant dog was running around behind me. Once the dog was gone, the naso got his appetite back. Guess the only thing that slows him down is a 70 pound doodle.

Alex Costa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"No. I won't ever stop eating.......deal with it......"
Naso-blonde-1.jpg

Mines are always hungry too.....
I have the habit of feed them Nori before feed the rest of the tank with pellets or grounded shrimp. Even doing this, the both eat a lot after the Nori.
As the other fishes are fat too, I don't mind.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 61 40.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 43 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%

Back