Willing to sell cheap macroalgae!

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks, if any of you are interested in cheato, C cupressoides, gracilaria, halimedia, codium or ulva; I have an abundance in my tank. I could provide a handful for $5 or we could perhaps trade for something I don't have.
IMG_20230903_150019946.jpg
Just pm me and I would be happy to pass some along. I also often have rainbow anemones that I would be happy to rehome.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can you send me photos of the rainbow anemones you would like to give away?
I will be happy to but will have to wait til the beginning next week. We are going to an out of town wedding for the weekend. Talk to you soon.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@412YETI , Here is a rainbow nem that is attached to some ulva ATM so should be easy to get for you if you want it. My nems looks very much like RBTA but the person who gave them to me said that they were rainbows.

IMG_20230918_120114000.jpg

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which of these is best for starting a fuge? Going to try that route as I’ve been struggling with algae in the display
When setting up a fuge, I would choose only 1 macroalgae so it is the sole competitor for nutrients. If your fuge has lower light, then I would choose one of the red macros like red gracilaria or gracilaria hayi and even red grape caulerpa. If your fuge has higher light then I think cheato is a good choice. It's not going to have a spring break off, find it's way into your display and take it over. Ulva is another good choice. However with any macros, you need sufficient nutrients to support them.

Jack John

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next time you're ready to crack off some of that red macro, I'd love to grab a piece! I've done away with trying to keep a refugium in the back chambers of my AIO and am going to try to grow some aesthetic stuff in my display!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 123 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%

Back