OP
willow659

willow659

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

For the foods trying mixing all three together with garlic guard. Picky fish tend to eat things more and gives them more nutritious (do to the mixture of food).

Nice pics and those were an amazing gift:) it’s one that will grow on you. The hammer seems fine it will open up more, it kinda depends on light and flow.

It’s definitely fun working with kiddos, do you have your rn now as well?
I have my lay midwifery and then turned around to work my way up to NP to be able to accept insurance. Right now I just hold my LPN and some specialty licenses. I’m two semesters away from my RN.

Finally had the ammonia spike. The ammonia alert showed safe, but the test kit showed a touch of ammonia so I added prime and did a 10% waster change. All the corals looked the same and the fish were acting normally so hopefully I caught it just on the edge. I went ahead and put my skimmer cup on to start collecting dry skin mate. I’ll test again before the prime is due to stop working, when it is supposed to stop working, and 2 and 4 hours after that. Then I will test 3x’s a day for a few days.

Temp 77.5, salinity 1.025, ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 10, pH 7.77

OP
OP
willow659

willow659

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Edit to add I added the last of the bottle of microbacter 7. Water had small bacterial bloom starting (happens every time I use it) so went ahead and added an airline tubing to make sure o2 won’t drop.

They LOVE all the different frozen mixed with the garlic pellets and flakes!!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Edit to add I added the last of the bottle of microbacter 7. Water had small bacterial bloom starting (happens every time I use it) so went ahead and added an airline tubing to make sure o2 won’t drop.

They LOVE all the different frozen mixed with the garlic pellets and flakes!!

Hello,

Yes the garlic guard will help their immune system, adding a 500mg or vitamin c to your top off water and with b12 helps lower stress in the tank on fish. Prime doesn’t get rid of ammonia it just neutralizes it. So your just going through the stages of cycling still.

I am in my first year of residency and getting ready to take my step 3 test coming up and another written and I have two more orals (just for my first year). It’s definitely not easy and the shifts are not study friendly that’s for sure.

OP
OP
willow659

willow659

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations!! That’s amazing. Don’t give up. It’s super difficult to have a chance to sleep and it certainly zaps energy, but it will be well worth it in the end. I’m not taking any classes right now so it’s nice to just have a break :)

OP
OP
willow659

willow659

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dad passed away and my mom gave me some money as “part of my inheritance”. My dad loved his fish tanks too. I actually have his last freshwater ones here at my house.

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dad passed away and my mom gave me some money as “part of my inheritance”. My dad loved his fish tanks too. I actually have his last freshwater ones here at my house.

Hello;

Sorry to hear that but glad your taking on something he loves. I’m the only person in my whole family who even likes fish. If I were to pass away tonight, I have my tank set to go to either the aquarium if the person at my lfs declines. I at least know he and his wife will take excellent care of it.
Oddly enough my parents hate fish but when I graduated medical school their gift to me was a new custom 425 which is actually done. But I asked them not to ship yet because I’m thinking of s new house that will do both tanks. At the same time I don’t have the heart to rip down my 240 because it’s going very well (well most of it). But I have no time to set the new one up with my step 3 coming up and end of my first year of residency oral boards and written exams. But happy to hear your keep your dads love
For fish going.

OP
OP
willow659

willow659

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an airline running to my dt to increase O2 in case of bacterial bloom from adding more microbacter 7. It's loud. I wondered if maybe my dad had something so I started looking in all of his fish stuff and he did have a plain airstone.....Along with all the different testing kids, types of filters, additives, different valves, etc. All still in original packaging and with directions. Just like my dad. So organized. So prepared. 2 more huge back up whisper pumps. Replacement parts just in case stuff happened for the canister filter. Live rock rubble. And tons of other stuff.
He's still helping me even though he's not alive in person.

If I would have looked sooner, I wouldn’t have bought some of the stuff I bought. Literally bought duplicates of the exact brands he has with the same specs. Like father like daughter I guess.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
love the tank.
you may want to move the GSP. they are crazy fast growers and will eventually cover all of the rock they can touch.

OP
OP
willow659

willow659

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
love the tank.
you may want to move the GSP. they are crazy fast growers and will eventually cover all of the rock they can touch.
I literally just did it Tuesday lol. I’ll upload a pic. Do you think it’ll grow safely on the back glass this way?

And what about the Pom Pom Xenia? I don’t want it to release spores or become invasive, but I really like watching it during this time that I don’t have a flowing frogspawn and hammer garden yet. Can I keep for a couple months?

OP
OP
willow659

willow659

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
923C3615-C753-4013-BC76-621F59B2066F.jpeg
2EED989A-4BB0-4098-B4D2-ABCBBD0DF64A.jpeg

OP
OP
willow659

willow659

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My rock flower nems came in from RJ Spires and my clean up crew from Reefcleaners.
9 ultra rock flower nems and he threw in two really cool mushrooms (1 is a Superman and I don’t know what the other is but I love it) and a frag of something (favia, Acan, micro)? I can’t tell the difference with those.
1 limpet (I meant to type 1 on the order)
3 cowries (I meant to type 1 on the order)
Astreas
1 zebra turbo
Ceriths
10 scarlet hermits
2 Florida fighting conchs (the ones that stay semi small)— I love these adorable guys. I named them George and Fred.
One big black small with white dots on shell. His name is spot.

Diatom bloom is here. Even had a dusting on sand. It happened after I added some man made rock. (Just a coincidence I’m sure) trying to make sure to keep nutrients up so because I’m scared of Dino’s.

The original micro has made another head and it was cool to watch over each day and now it’s in the process of starting another. The AOI zoas made a new polyp.

The anthias eat like absolute pigs!! They act like they are starving so I feed them 4-6 times a day. What will I do when I go back to work and I’m gone 14-16 hours a day?

I’m just now starting Kalk. I didn’t think I’d need it for a long time, but was wrong. Someone is soaking that and calcium up. Trying to prevent any swings.

Added my other bio brick to sump. It’s been sitting in my fish closet.

Really thankful a fellow reefer is still holding my other corals for me while I get a handle on kalk. My levels were 7.4 and now they are 7.7. Trying to raise it super super slow. Not sure whether to get it to 8 and hold or 8.6. What do y’all think?
What is sustainable for me to be able to go on a weeklong vacation twice a year?

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I literally just did it Tuesday lol. I’ll upload a pic. Do you think it’ll grow safely on the back glass this way?

And what about the Pom Pom Xenia? I don’t want it to release spores or become invasive, but I really like watching it during this time that I don’t have a flowing frogspawn and hammer garden yet. Can I keep for a couple months?

yes, it should do well on the glass, depending on lighting. my experience is it doesn't grow thru shaded areas. the xenia supposedly grows like a weed also. I haven't had much luck with the pieces I've bought.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 86 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back