Witchhazel

N.Sreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone tell me what the purported benefits of witchhazel are when added to a reef tank? Ive seen dosing of witchhazel extract mentioned a few times in threads lately and I don't understand why anyone would add that to a reef tank.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Can anyone tell me what the purported benefits of witchhazel are when added to a reef tank? Ive seen dosing of witchhazel extract mentioned a few times in threads lately and I don't understand why anyone would add that to a reef tank.
Safer and preferable is hydrogen peroxide.
nany reefers use witch hazel to treat for tissue loss and related issues with SPS coral

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It is claimed to help with certain coral issues like RTN. Not many people use it. Before today, it was only mentioned once in passing in this chemistry forum.

Does it work? Is it safe? Does it have side effects?

I have no idea.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back