Wooden airstones

  • Thread starter Thread starter cloak
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cloak

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 25, 2015
Messages
3,033
Reaction score
2,132
Location
Stockton, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long do these things generally last? The pump on my Eshopps skimmer broke so I tried to replace it with another. I was sent one but it was too **** loud. I sent it back, got another one and it was he same deal again. Anyways, I modified the skimmer with an Aquaclear 402 power head, a Fluval air pump and a wooden air stone. It works like a champ now, but I was just curios what the life expectancy on these things were. Thanks. :)
 
Been a long time since I've used a wooden airstone in a skimmer, but I believe I changed it out every 6 months.
 
Ok cool... I just wanted a bearing...

On aside note; these things are expensive now days... Almost $5 a piece at the LFS. Who would have thought. Oh well... TY.
 
Ok cool... I just wanted a bearing...

On aside note; these things are expensive now days... Almost $5 a piece at the LFS. Who would have thought. Oh well... TY.

My skimmer has one too. I think Marine Depot has them for a little less.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new