Workbench as Stand for 120 Gallon Aquarium?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MLHale
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MLHale

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 5, 2023
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Richmond Hill
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a rimless 120 Gallon freshwater all-in-one aquarium. 71"x24"x24". I absolutely detest the "standard" aquarium stands - they're bulky and fully enclosed normally. What is is on now is a hand built all wood bulky white stand. I'm moving and would like to move it onto something that is more open and less of a massive piece of wood. ChatGPT claims some of the workbenches from Lowes or Home Depot could handle the size and weight - anyone have experience using workbenches instead?

tempImageK6o6Qs.png tempImage9si8qx.png
 
I thought ~120 was 24x24x48? Not trying to be technical but the weight difference of a 120 vs 180 will matter
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 53 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new