Working At a Fish Store???

maroonytunes

Reefing Without Coral
View Badges
Joined
Jul 7, 2006
Messages
544
Reaction score
6
Location
Someplace
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well today, I wandered through a local fish store and the owner and I started talking and he offered me a job as an employee on weekends, winter, and the summer. Now I'm going to be a HS freshman next year, and I have 3 years of reefing and saltwater experience and over 4 years of saltwater. Would like some opinions on what other lfs employees or fellow hobbyists have to say.
 
Depends, if i worked at my LFS i would not be learning anything i would be teaching everyone LOL
 
that would be sweet, maybe i should get a part time job lol
 
I've made that deal a time or two. It sounds good but I end up spending more than I make. But have some cool stuff to show for it
 
Worked at a LFS myself. BEST JOB I'VE EVER HAD! Maybe its because of my marine bio major im looking to get in the net 6 years. :)

1. Learned ALOT
2. Big Discount (Free stuff)
3. Went to the Wholesaler every weekend, one of the best experiences.
4. Scrubbed alot of algae, lots of WC's...
5. Helped people with their problems, which was really fun and madening at the same time(stupid people)

:D
 
Man, if i wasnt 24 i might think about it but i make more money now then i would working at a LFS probably making 7.25 lol
 
I made 9 at the end under the table at my LFS, i was only 17...

Definitly not a career but a good boost for young kids like myself...
 
nice man but i would not even be able to pay for the hobby off nine lol let alone my house i just baught lol
 
i would say GO FOR IT! i think it would be fun to work at an lfs. you get to learn, get freebies or discounts and i would think would be a fun job seeing as you enjoy it as a hobby ...
 
Go For It if the owner is well knowlegable with the life stock operation you will learn from him
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new