World Wide Corals Coral Farm Build Thread (not open to public)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes i have seen the ad on their store front. Was going to ask about it once i got in. Forgot after the shock and awe of the tanks in the store front.

Wonder if it is next to their existing store front? No real location of the new farm is given.

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went. It is a nice setup. Lots of farming tank room. It was open to public for the day. But it is not setup for the foot traffic of the main store, but it is not suppose to be. They had a lot of coral frags for sale at open house side that are not in the store front, yet. It will allow them to propagate a greater amount of corals at a time.

I did get some frags as well as a glimpse of what will be offered in the coming months.

eg8r210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a blast. I spent the entire afternoon there. Came away with a frag of the Firefly acro which is what I was headed in there to buy anyways. :) One thing I enjoyed the most was the chance to chat a bit with Jake Adams and Tony Vargas. I had some specific questions about my gyre pump and water flow in general and really enjoyed the discussion with Jake on that subject along with chatting with Tony about adding a copper band butterfly to my reef. All of the speakers (and quite a few other "celebrities") are always accessible at MACNA or other big shows/conferences but it is tough to get much face time with them because you are forced to share their limited time with a few other thousand attendees. At WWC we had a ton of time to sit and talk reefs with these guys and you were not fighting crowds to get your 5 sec question answered.

Thank you Vic and Lou and the rest of the WWC staff for putting on a great afternoon. Thank you also to the speakers and others that came and were willing to listen/answer all of our questions and were very approachable all day long.

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to everyone who made it out to the grand opening!

BxXY0lz.jpg

BO6wKw7.jpg

i3i3V9t.jpg

KAVL04d.jpg

EFAtbe4.jpg

fIuuu1c.jpg

AJWQeh3.jpg

More updates coming soon!

Scythanith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I envision this magical place where if I walk in with enough money I could walk out with all of the beautiful chalice corals I see posted from WWC? Is it truly this wonderful? Are the tanks filled with the corals of my dreams or do they come and go like any other LFS?

I wish I lived in the states if it's all true :)

eg8r210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I envision this magical place where if I walk in with enough money I could walk out with all of the beautiful chalice corals I see posted from WWC? Is it truly this wonderful? Are the tanks filled with the corals of my dreams or do they come and go like any other LFS?

Believe it or not but you will probably find the chalices you are looking for. If they have sold it in the past there is a great chance that they were selling frags from their mother colony.

AJQ69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Even though that the store is close to Magic World indeed you will find beautiful pieces here :wink:

11f150

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It kills me that I use to live about 5 min from their store but wasn't into the hobby at the time. Now I live about 10 hours away :squigglemouth:

Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How thick is the glass on the 144"L x 48"W x 30"H tank? By the way, Class Act all the way. This will give you guys the means to feed the masses online, retail and possibly one day wholesale. Can't wait to see more!!!

shadow1013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn't in the hobby until this month so I'm going to their 8 year anniversary and getting to see the farm! I've been to the store a few times now but haven't been in the farm.

Jeremy Young

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of the corals we grow in this farm will be in our retail side. We may consider having events in the future where we let the public into the farm.

We cannot have it open to the public all the time or it defeats the whole purpose. We need to propagate the corals, if everything is for sale all the time it's impossible to propagate. People hate seeing "not for sale" signs everywhere. We will be able to grow our online division and the retail side tremendously by having a shipping, fragging, and holding area where we don't have to interact with the public all day long which drastically slows down the production.

I can see your point.

But I'm equipment junkie, I've been curious about coral propagation setups and walkthroughs.

I plan on setting up a new system in the future but want to setup a propagation and grow out room along with quarantine.

That way if something happens in the display it won't be the end all scenario total loss.

Figured it be a good idea to have a couple of colonies and a handful of frags tucked away of whatever I have in the display.

Business in the front, party in the back lol

Back