Worm/centipede on new coral

  • Thread starter Thread starter tcardi
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tcardi

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 19, 2024
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Location
Pa
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a a couple corals from a fellow refer the other day. I coral dipped the new coral before introducing it to my reef tank. I used coral Rx. I don’t think it killed all the pest on/in the coral. I noticed a baby aiptasia opened at the base of the coral after I had put it in my tank. Of course the local fish store around me had sold their last aiptasia killer bottle. I ended up super gluing all over the aiptasia to starve it. The next day I was looking at my tank at night time, and noticed what I thought was another aiptasia. When I went to put glue on it moved. It didn’t move like how an aiptasia hides itself, it slithered across the rock. I managed to grab it and pull it out. It looks like some type of worm or centipede. I took a picture of it, and am going to take it to my local fish store tomorrow. Before I go does anyone have any ideas on what this critter can be?

IMG_1939.jpeg
 
Thank you. Will they aggravate my coral? What do they do? Can they overpopulate?
They live in the rocks mostly in the bottom underneath. Should have no effect on corals. Some people try to remove them when they see em but I just leave them alone. They can get pretty numerous and big so you might want try to cull some later but you don’t really have to
 
Upvote 0

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 27.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new