Worm inside Pocillopora

  • Thread starter Thread starter KVYA
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

KVYA

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 28, 2015
Messages
844
Reaction score
223
Location
Los Angeles, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Short Story
Got a Pocilopora frag from LFS, coral rx dipp 10 min, and fw dip less than 1.5 min.
First sps. Didn't know couldn't fw dip. Started secreting white slime. Put it in my tank. Most of it bleached, but some parts still have flesh.

Next day discovered worm inside one of the bleached polyp holes. 5-10 tentacles. Hard to see.

image.jpeg


image.jpeg


image.jpeg
 
Kind of looks like an aptasia anemone and if I was a betting man, I'd bet the tissue loss is from the freshwater dip.
 
Kind of looks like an aptasia anemone and if I was a betting man, I'd bet the tissue loss is from the freshwater dip.

Shouldnt the coral Rx have killed it?

I did some research about sps and fw dip afterwards and saw that I shouldn't fw dip. At least I know in the future.

At least it was only a $5 frag. It's about 1-2 in high, 1-2 in width, and 1-2 length. Now only like the tips still have flesh

image.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new