Worm Lookin Dude ID

Cole_Voeller

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 30, 2022
Messages
627
Reaction score
173
Location
Fargo
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4167.jpeg
 
Never seen something like this, super long and super stretchy, can retract super fast. He even has an itty base face, he’s super cute lol. Super thin too.

Really hope they aren’t baby bobbit worms.
IMG_4171.jpeg




IMG_4173.jpeg
 
Looks like Oenone fulgida, (Orange Worm / Clam Worm). It's omnivor but prefers snails and clams/mollusks. It may also prey on coral polyps which is another no-go for a reef tank.

I personally would take it out with some tweezers.
 
Last edited:
Looking at pics online, that looks pretty accurate.
I edited my message a bit (I accidentally posted it before I was ready). The diagnosis is the same, but I wanted to double check before giving any advice on how to proceed.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new