Worms on my hammer coral

gfrowen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

It’s been a while since I’ve been in touch but you guys have always been a great source of information and advice.

I have a wall hammer that was doing well and has been for years. However it lost most of its polyps a while back and I decided to keep it in an attempt to save it. Some polyps have started growing back but when I was spot feeding it today I noticed these small worm like creatures coming out of holes that they seem to have bored into the skeleton of the hammer.

They only come out when food it near. This coral has been dipped a fair few times in coral rx and I’ve never seen these come off it.
6492F89C-1F4D-49FF-8809-52F1FC909F6A.jpeg

I’ve attached a photo but it’s hard to see them properly. I have a good video of them but can’t attach it here

Any idea what they are??

Many thanks in advance

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

It’s been a while since I’ve been in touch but you guys have always been a great source of information and advice.

I have a wall hammer that was doing well and has been for years. However it lost most of its polyps a while back and I decided to keep it in an attempt to save it. Some polyps have started growing back but when I was spot feeding it today I noticed these small worm like creatures coming out of holes that they seem to have bored into the skeleton of the hammer.

They only come out when food it near. This coral has been dipped a fair few times in coral rx and I’ve never seen these come off it.
6492F89C-1F4D-49FF-8809-52F1FC909F6A.jpeg

I’ve attached a photo but it’s hard to see them properly. I have a good video of them but can’t attach it here

Any idea what they are??

Many thanks in advance
Attach u tube link. It may help as pic r not so clear

Back