Worried about snails starving, what should i feed them?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rooles
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Rooles

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2025
Messages
376
Reaction score
192
Location
Usa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Currently the tank is fishless.

I purchased CuC consisting of a couple of conches, nerite, florida cerith, dwarf cerith, and astrea snails. Within 5 days they have maneged to completely clear out all of the algea/diatoms in the aquarium.

I've offered pieces of nori on a clip placed cloae to the sand bed and hikari algea wafers. They dont seem interested in them at all.

Is there any other food i should offer them? Im worried that they are going to starve.
 
Plain nori sheets are what I recommend! I usually would use these on a nori sheet clip in my tank!
 
Mesh bag is how I feed nori.
PXL_20260119_161613996.MP.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new