Would 8850 or 8821 LED's be suitable for macro-algae refugium?

Punchanello

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 3, 2017
Messages
611
Reaction score
671
Location
Australia
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you recommend them for this purpose?

They are the perfect size for my sump, but I haven't seem anyone using them for this purpose. The bonus is, of course, I can control them with the Smartcontroller.

cheers!
 
8821 is perfect for a refugium light, the only reason to get an 8850 is you want to be able to adjust color but this is more of a nano reef light. I use the 8821 on DIY chaeto reactor and it works great and hard to argue with the price.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new