Would a Kessil ap700 be too much for my cube?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kpalas
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kpalas

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 13, 2018
Messages
21
Reaction score
3
Location
Minden NV
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I should be getting my IM INT 50 tank soon and am thinking of the lighting. Would a AP700 from Kessil be ok or overkill for that tank? The dimensions are 24" x 24'"x 20" tall. If it is too much, would a single light like a A360 be enough?
 
I have a single 360we on a 60g cube (24" lwh), and if I did it over I would go for 2 of them for a better spread of light. Since your tank is 4" shorter it might work out ok with a single 360we. I actually picked up a used 24" 6 bulb t5 aquatic life fixture for a great price which I might end up switching to.

I feel like the ap700 would be overkill on that tank, but you could just run it at a lower intensity and have it on hand if you end up going for a larger tank in the future. Friend of mine has a ap700 and it's a awesome light.
 
1 360 would be fine and give you ample coverage. An ap700 would be too much and you would definitely have light spill.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new