Would love some feedback on my aquascape

SaltlifeHokie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is for a 100G IM 48x24x20. I’ve never had a Reef tank I’ve only had FOWLR so would really like some feedback on the setup in regards to having a corals at the right heights. The tallest point of any rock is about 18inches.

IMG_6458.jpeg IMG_6459.jpeg IMG_6460.jpeg IMG_6461.jpeg IMG_6462.jpeg

thedon986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Depends on your coral goals but I would shoot for a rock height of roughly ten inches or you’re going to be running out of room above them rather fast. Also remember 20” tall means more like 19” water line. Ideally your rocks will rest on the bottom with sand around them and that will save you an inch or so of lost height there. Typically you also want swimming room above the rocks not just around them. Different species occupy different areas of the water column so think about that. Open water swimmers will want/need that room above the rocks to swim and feel comfortable.

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have the light already as some people stated, look at shading and see if youll have issues or if there is coral that doesnt need bright light. get the picture of corals in your head and placement. this will help a ton. look like your already setup for easy maintenance with layout as well and looks really nice. you can attach non photosynthetic corals/ critters where light isnt much. such as on the columns. gorgs or sea fance, sun corals etc. just thoughts.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back