Would you do it?

I would not add it straight to the tank. I cured 50 pounds of gulf live rock in an empty 90 gal system and it stunk terribly and brought ammonia up over 1 ppm from die off. Much of the small stuff (brittle stars, snails, sponges, pods, mysid shrimp) survived but I don't think I'd risk adding it to an established tank with fish. I overnighted mine in extra water too.

I agree with curing in a rubbermaid tub. keep an eye out for pests, I received a mantis and two polyclad flatworms in my shipment.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new