Wrangy's Waterbox World (Nano 7)

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I had the chance to purchase an amazing little deal that a shop here is offering as a complete nano package! Comes with all the bits and bobs that you could need to setup a nano tank for home or, in my case, the office!

20190328_174734.jpg

Display System:

Strike up Date:
04/04/2019
Display Tank: Waterbox Nano 7 - 26L or 7g
Display Lighting: Kessil A80 Tuna Blue
Stand: My desk
Sump: Just the rear sections!

Support systems:
System Water:
Red Sea Blue bucket!
Display Water circulation: Sicce Voyager Nano
Return Pump: Sicce Syncra Nano
Skimmer: None
Filtration: About 2-3L of Seachem Matrix
Evaporation Top Up: Jugged by hand!

Chemical Support:
None, everything will be managed by two 20% water changes a week and the heap of matrix media for nutrient processing! A little bit of AF coral foods and some Coral Essentials goodies :)

Everyone at work loves the idea of it and I'm trying to get everyone involved with the process of fish choosing :D

Pretty nice spot right next to my monitors!
20190403_090613.jpg

20190403_140629.jpg

Slowly filling and filled! Used a litre of already seeded matrix from my home tank along with Dr Tim's one and only to seed the tank into life!
20190404_102752.jpg

20190404_105635.jpg

More updates to come soon as we've progressed a little further than this but hey! Who doesn't love the journey of a new tank :D

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is truly awesome!

Do I need to dial up Gail at ext. 202 and let her know about this fire on your desk!?!?!
Thanks man!!

Gail and everyone else in the office loves the fire! Even if they don't truly understand it haha
20190406_175648-01.jpeg

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a little more about the tank and my thoughts and feelings behind it :) This tank is going to be softie and lps dominated maybe with some monti's but it will be just for my really special pieces and the acans that Burgers (the fish in my profile) likes to eat haha. It will house my ever growing shroom addictions and continue helping me with my other addictions haha.

Fish stocking for this tank will be an interesting topic as I want to try and get the people in my office involved and have them help pic out fish that everyone will enjoy in there. I won't be subjecting them to my love of small cryptic fish though haha the most likely candidates are:
- Royal gramma harem
- Pair of black storm clowns
- Gold nugget maroons (till they get too big)
- Other clownfish

As we can all well imagine, everyone knows the clownfish and think it would be super cool to have a pair in the tank so it's likely that that will be the go for this little tank.

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As this tank is heavily lps, zoa's, shrooms and other hungry corals, feeding will be an important part of this tank for my enjoyment, coral health and the fascination of everyone at work too! So far the regimen of feeding is just LPS Pellets by AquaForest but I plan on adding ricco food and maybe power food as well for the tank.

The acans and shrooms really enjoy the pellets but they're still a touch large for the chalice so that's why I want to get some smaller particulate foods as well.
20190408_095126-01.jpg

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems like someone has a new love in town.

Nice looking nano.
The new love has sprouted with everything from the true love and because of that she's been getting more attention! In a whole, this nano has made a huge difference to my reefing passion and breathed some new life into me :)

Thanks mate!

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new love has sprouted with everything from the true love and because of that she's been getting more attention! In a whole, this nano has made a huge difference to my reefing passion and breathed some new life into me :)

Thanks mate!

I think I can use some of the passion and new life.
Running tanks are no fun... new ones are!!!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back