Wrasse and Anthias Compatibility

Hypen2000

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I have 3 Anthiases (Orangeback, exquisite, and pintail) and they all get along really well in my tank. However, I'm considering adding ~3 anthiases.

2 Questions:
1. I heard Wrasses can pick on Anthiases. Is that true? Any experience?
2. Which Anthiases would fit best with these Wrasses? I was considering Resplendent, Dispar, Bartlett. Any others?

Thanks!

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those species will be fine with most anthias. Dispars and randalls have some of the better personalities.

OP
OP
Hypen2000

Hypen2000

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one anthias in with a bunch of wrasses and no problems after a year together
Thanks Bob. Wow, you live really close to me. I’m pretty new to the hobby, 1 year, and 55 gallon mixed reef. Lmk if you ever have anything you want to trade!

OP
OP
Hypen2000

Hypen2000

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one anthias in with a bunch of wrasses and no problems after a year together
You mentioned you only have 1 anthias. Heard they do best in groups or harems. I wanted to also just get 1 originally bc tank is small. What do you think?

Of course if the fish outgrows the tank, I will sell it or trade it. Thx

Bob Weigant

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You mentioned you only have 1 anthias. Heard they do best in groups or harems. I wanted to also just get 1 originally bc tank is small. What do you think?

Of course if the fish outgrows the tank, I will sell it or trade it. Thx
I had a pair of Evansi Anthias and one died within a few days. the other one has done very well every since. And yes I've always been told if you want 2 anthias buy 4-5

OP
OP
Hypen2000

Hypen2000

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can find here or on our local club site BAR ( Bay Area Reefers )
Noted. I'll check that out. You can't tell I'm pretty new to this. Been mainly trying things on my own the past year. Think I need these forums to grow my knowledge (or grow it in a useful way). Thanks

Bob Weigant

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noted. I'll check that out. You can't tell I'm pretty new to this. Been mainly trying things on my own the past year. Think I need these forums to grow my knowledge (or grow it in a useful way). Thanks
You never stop learning in this hobby. Hit me up anyime

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 37 28.9%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 30 23.4%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 34 26.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back