Wrasse Compatibility in 40g B

sorcerorsupreme

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2026
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
New York
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I currently have a 40 gallon breeder (3’ long) with two clownfish at the moment. I was wondering if an Exquisite Fairy Wrasse and a Carpenter’s Flasher Wrasse would work together long term in a tank this size.

I’ve read that both species are generally peaceful, and I know most issues tend to come from mixing fairy with fairy and flasher with flasher. That said, I’m a little concerned the Exquisite might eventually grow too large and potentially too dominant for a 36” tank.

Would appreciate hearing others opinions.

And on the topic of stocking, what about a flame angel in this size? I’ve seen mixed opinions.
 
Exquisite Fairy requires around a 90g and maybe a Carpenter 55g. You'll have a very stressed angry fish.

I had a Blue Star Leopard Wrasse when it was small in a 40B. It was okay then became a jerk when it was full grown. It our grew the tank within a few months
 
Last edited:
Exquisite Fairy requires around a 90g and maybe a Carpenter 55g. You'll have a very stressed angry fish.

I had a Blue Star Leopard Wrasse when it was small in a 40B. It was okay then became a jerk when it was full grown. It our grew the tank within a few months
Got it, any opinion on the flame or any other dwarf angel? Kind of wanted something bigger that would still be appropriate in a 40GB
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new