Wrasse fin rot or being picked on?

Letterkenny

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 12, 2019
Messages
788
Reaction score
492
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a wrasse in QT that seems to be having some fin issues. I thought it was aggression but I haven’t see anyone really nipping at him. He is in QT with a fairy wrasse and a yellow diamond goby. Any ideas? He isn’t swimming but is eating.

A285C4CB-5044-4C44-93F9-BDFAFEABB578.jpeg 0C70A4CA-E4BC-45CC-B4B5-A2F43E736E39.jpeg
 
any other signs of disease,from what i can see looks like nipping at tail and scared if not moving ,good that is eating
 
Maybe @evolved or @Humblefish can chime in. Hopefully the pros can give ya some advice :) does it have a hiding place? Wrasse species? May want to take a sand nap and that sand looks kinda thin.
 
Melanarus wrasse make in QT with a yellow tail fairy wrasse and a diamond goby. When I got him it looked like his right front fin was nipped at and now the rear and top ones. In QT with copper at 2.25 and 1 dose of metro feeding food with GC. Little sand because it’s a QT. I tried a bowl but it didn’t go in there so I put it in the corner but the goby keeps making a mess of it.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new