Wrasse in QT

FloatinBy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a lunar wrasse in QT. Hes been in there for 3.5ish wks. I forgot to add copper as i normally do for new fish. No signs of infection and hes very active and eatting well. Nothing of concern. Is he ok to put into DT or should I start copper now and keep him in qt for another month?
1538074801794.jpeg
1538074770964.jpeg
1538074711131.jpeg

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it were me, I'd do the full quarantine. You could do tank transfer instead of copper too. Make sure you go super slow on the copper, wrasses are sensitive to it. I raised mine over 10 days for my yellow corris.

OP
OP
F

FloatinBy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hes being shy so those were best pics I could get. I know the lfs i get from dips everything they get and have never had problems with their fish in the past. Something safer them copper for wrasses then? Im also sad to report my favorit fish died yesterday in dt, my massive foxface was found dead under some rock. No other fish were lost just him and no water quality issues, idk maybe he got himself stuck under the rock bc i had to remove some rock from tank to get him. So now im gun shy eventho im thinking it was a freak accident that he died

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your loss :(

I like to quote @Humblefish in the situations where people question doing QT themselves... "I don't trust anyone's QT, but my own." Except for if @Humblefish did it. I'd trust it then :)

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 95 44.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 100 46.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 21 9.7%
Back