Wrasse Potential Disease Problem

Nathaniellund17

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,
I've had wrasse now for almost a year that has been extremely peaceful in my tank with all other inhabitants. I noticed today a number of abrasions on the right side of the fish and can't tell if it's from a fish attack or if there's some illness the fish has. It appears some of the scales are peeling off. All other fish in the tank appear to be fine, and I have a UV sterilizer running to remove all bad protozoa. I've attached some pictures that hopefully show what I'm seeing, but the video is probably the best to see - hopefully it get's posted correctly. Wrasse2.jpg Wrasse3.jpg Wrasse5.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2455.mov
    11.4 MB
OP
OP
N

Nathaniellund17

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for taking a look. Was the video able to come through on your end - and it's still hard to make out?

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,
I've had wrasse now for almost a year that has been extremely peaceful in my tank with all other inhabitants. I noticed today a number of abrasions on the right side of the fish and can't tell if it's from a fish attack or if there's some illness the fish has. It appears some of the scales are peeling off. All other fish in the tank appear to be fine, and I have a UV sterilizer running to remove all bad protozoa. I've attached some pictures that hopefully show what I'm seeing, but the video is probably the best to see - hopefully it get's posted correctly. Wrasse2.jpg Wrasse3.jpg Wrasse5.jpg
looks like scrapes, shark is right about treatment, but what other fish are in the tank?

Last edited:

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 72 35.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 53 25.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 65 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.9%
Back