Wrasse

Discussion in 'Fish Discussion' started by justingraham, Feb 6, 2018.

1. justingraham

justingraham Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018 NJRC Member

I was wondering if a Golden rhoimboid fairy wrasse would be ok with the three wrasse that currently get along in my tank (well as good as fish get along) a kathrines a sailfin and a Hawaiian flame.

I have looked over evolveds wrasse chart and it seems like it would I’m just double checking as I am now addicted to the wrasses and can’t get enough of them.

The tank is a 90 gallon right now but I have a custom 180 on order.

Thanks

Justin

Tags:

2. eatbreakfast

eatbreakfast Fish Nerd Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Showcase Editor Expert Contributor Partner Member 2018 Partner Member

Definitely use a social acclimation box to introduce a new wrasse to existing wrasses.

It should be fine, but the sailfin fairy can be on the aggressive side of the spectrum.

3. justingraham

justingraham Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018 NJRC Member

What size acclimation box would be adequate I have a five gallon one

4. eatbreakfast

eatbreakfast Fish Nerd Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Showcase Editor Expert Contributor Partner Member 2018 Partner Member

That's more than big enough.

5. justingraham

I have had problems before with an acclimation box how do I get the other fish to go near it? the last time I had a fish in it they ignored him until I let the fish out then they went bonkers on him my acclimation box is a five gallon betta fish tank with holes in it and som pvc pipes

6. justingraham

Also thank you for your help

eatbreakfast likes this.
  7. eatbreakfast

Add food near it and only have 1 small piece of pvc in there, just enough to barely hide the new fish.

Draft saved Draft deleted