• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

WrongGenotype (MUST read for anyone ordering from him)

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Reef Fever

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am always leery of buying coral from anyone online, so for anyone out there like me, hope this helps..

Today's shipment (abridged version lol): Corals were sent Fedex priority overnight. Tracking # and updates were provided. Around 10AM updates said the package was delivered, got home about 10:30 to see there was no package. Assumed it was a clerical error and the corals had not arrived yet. 12:40 rolls around, package is still MIA, waiting on fedex to call me back and tell me whats going on. Notified Gene of the issue and immediately tells me he will call fedex as well to see whats up.
About 1Pm tell Gene I havent heard anything yet. Gene says he will do whatever he needs to make it right. 2:10 fedex guy shows up and tells me that he left a white box on the bench by the front door. As I assumed, someone had swiped the package. Fedex guy leaves. He returns about a minute/two later with the box in his hand and says he found it around the corner on the sidewalk. Someone must have grabbed it and I'm assuming dropped it and took off maybe because someone saw it happen?
Notify Gene I have the box, tell him how everything looks. Everything looks great except a large tabling acro which had clearly moved on (probably from sitting so long in the box). Gene immediately offers to refund or replace the item. I tell him theres no need for it as it wasn't his fault. Gene reiterates he doesnt mind and wants to make things right for me. Again I decline as there was no wrong done on his part. He informs me if I change my mind or even want just a partial refund to let him know.

Bottom Line: Gene was more than willing to make right the wrong doings of someone else, I WILL order from him again and would HIGHLY recomend him to anyone looking for coral. I believe that because of his packing job and how healthy the corals must have been in the first place that 99% of the coral was able to survive sitting outside in the 30* weather for hours. Thank you Gene and you will be hearing from me again soon!

WYSIWYG: 10/10 - I have purchased things from "reputable" sponsors just to find out the photos of their coral are so overly processed that when you receive your coral you are questioning if it is the same piece. Gene's photos are truly WYSIWYG. all the coral I received was EXACTLY if not better looking than in the photos

"Customer Service": 10/10 - Got questions? Gene answers them super quickly and is super helpful. He truly cares you get what you want.

Coral Health and size: 10/10
- Corals appear to have little to no color loss, some polyps are open in the bag. Clearly the frags come from a healthy system. Frags are generous in size, DEFINITELY worth the money.

Packaging: 10/10 - Packaged nice and tight so corals are not bouncing around, triple bagged to ensure no leaks. Corals are fixed inside plastic cups so they aren't bouncing around the bags.

A++++++ seller!

Last edited:

ciscom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't had anything ship from him yet, but bought stuff from him when he's in town. Couldn't agree with ya more about how great of a person he is. A few day latter after buying from him he still wanted to know how the corals were doing. Don't hesitate order now while supplies last lol.

OP
OP
Reef Fever

Reef Fever

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't had anything ship from him yet, but bought stuff from him when he's in town. Couldn't agree with ya more about how great of a person he is. A few day latter after buying from him he still wanted to know how the corals were doing. Don't hesitate order now while supplies last lol.
id be in some serious trouble if I lived near him lol

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 78.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.0%
Back