WTB: Blue tort

headdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a frag from Harry as my Christmas present to myself last year. Not big enough to frag yet.

OP
OP
Tomoko Schum

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see. Thanks Dustin. Harry does not seem to have a Cali Blue Tort frag now.

I had a number of unfortunate things happen this year. First, my Kessil A360X lights went bonkers. It stayed bluish for a long time. It looked bright enough but was losing PAR. Then, my skimmer pump died on top of it. I am afraid that the corals got shocked in the process. I had a titanium heater, which I thought acted as a ground probe, but as it turned out, this one was not the type.

Kessil replaced the entire light setup on warranty, including the lights, the controller, and the cables. However, I lost a number of corals in the process. (I still have a good number of them. They are tough bunch. They have to be to survive in my tank ;) )

All these things going on while my husband was sick and hospitalized. The first half of this year was a tough one. Hope things will improve from this point on.

GregDaKeg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope your husband is doing better. It has been a rough year for sure. I have a tort that I can probably frag. She is a slow grower though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210621-204546_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210621-204546_Gallery.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_20210621-204612_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210621-204612_Gallery.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 32

GregDaKeg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope your husband is doing better. It has been a rough year for sure. I have a tort that I can probably frag. She is a slow grower though.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hope everyones feeling better and healthy, also not from alabama but i think you may be looking for an oregon tort if you want a blue tort, that is the most blue. Probably one of the bluest corals in general except for maybe a blue hoeksemai.

OP
OP
Tomoko Schum

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you guys!
My husband is doing much better now.
I am looking for both Cali Tort and Oregon Tort frags. I know a source for an Oregon Tort frag but not for a Cali Tort at the moment.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back