WTB Breeding pairs...where to look?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chelsey
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Chelsey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 31, 2006
Messages
1,077
Reaction score
4
Location
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title says I'm looking to buy breeding pairs of fish, particulary the ones listed below:

black ocellaris
orange ocellaris
onyx perculas
regular perculas
GSM
red headed gobies
neon gobies

Does anyone know where I can get any of these fish? As I said I'd prefer them to be spawning/breeding pairs with proof of eggs laid. Thanks in advance!


Chelsey
 
Hi chelsey I don't have any but I was thinking that I see some retired pairs that maybe you should look out for. It seems at least with clowns that they don't start breeding and then breed until they die. I don't know how long they breed but if you find someone saying they have a pair that has been bredding for say 10 years they might not have much left in them or decide after a move they are just done.
I have a pair of onyx that I have had for about 8 months. I bought them very young from Rod and they appear to be cleaning now. I haven't seen any eggs but the small/male has messed up lips from time to time and I watch and he is picking the rocks like he is preparing a bed for the eggs. My point it you may be better off finding 2 fish that have been together a while but have not bred yet. They will also be cheaper this way and more likely to give you a longer breeding life.
My friend had an amazing tank with a pair of ocellaris a few years back. They never laid eggs or acted funny like they were thinking of breeding. He sold them and 2 weeks later they were laying eggs in the new tank. I think it was 2 weeks. I know it was a very short time and 2 weeks sounds right. Sometimes change helps I guess.
Good luck in your hunt by the way.
 
on uberfrags.net they is someone selling breeding pairs of muliple fish some clowns some angels scooter blennies and a couple more i think
 
clowns

I have a pair that has been spawning for about 5 months its a large false perc and a grade b picasso from ora i can send pictures of clowns with eggs:smile:
 
Chelsey, call the Tropicorium... they used to breed all kinds of clownfish, but have stopped rearing the young a while back. they still have most of the pairs and they still spawn regularly. I'm sure they'd be willing to part with something...
 
[edited]

I found that you have a number of pairs already through your other thread. Hope they will spawn for you soon. Good luck!
 
Last edited:

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new