• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

WTB CPR CS102 AQUARIUM OVERFLOW BOX

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the topic says looking to buy a cpr cs102 overflow box i have the eshopps overflow at the moment not really liking it probably a long shot but maybe one of you have one that you aren't using anymore pm or comment thanks

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What issues are you having with the eshopps?
one of the utubes for some reason keeps losing siphon and i have a trip coming up not trying to deal with that i tried hooking a aqualifter pump to both tubes to attempt to keep siphon but that wasnt really working thought it would be better to get the cpr overflow so i can hook he aqualifter directly to it

ive had a few power outages and every time one will restart but one will lose siphon and not restart i believe the baffles in the eshopps overflow in mine might be lower maybe a manufacturing mistake

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m guessing you don’t have enough flow.. when your pump starts back up one tube is probably sucking the overflow dry before the return pump catches up breaking syphon on the other. Do the syphon tubes accumulate air bubbles or a air pocket at top of bend during normal operation? If so it’s another indication of inadequate flow through your overflow.

The problem with the CPR is it’s dependent on the pump so your throwing another failure point into the mix.. if the pump dies so does the overflow. The aqualifter pumps are also getting harder to find for some reason and the prices have really went up on them the last few years.

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just another point.. if your return pump isn’t supplying the required flow you would probably be better off and safer just running one tube in your overflow.

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just another point.. if your return pump isn’t supplying the required flow you would probably be better off and safer just running one tube in your overflow.
the overflow is rated for 1200 ghp and my pump 1500gph i do have a ball valve on it to throttle it back some i did try messing with it and it was always the same result during a power outage test

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m guessing you don’t have enough flow.. when your pump starts back up one tube is probably sucking the overflow dry before the return pump catches up breaking syphon on the other. Do the syphon tubes accumulate air bubbles or a air pocket at top of bend during normal operation? If so it’s another indication of inadequate flow through your overflow.

The problem with the CPR is it’s dependent on the pump so your throwing another failure point into the mix.. if the pump dies so does the overflow. The aqualifter pumps are also getting harder to find for some reason and the prices have really went up on them the last few years.
heres the thing during my tests one of the tubes during the outage test or during an actual outage after a few minutes of the power being out you can hear the utube drain

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
heres the thing during my tests one of the tubes during the outage test or during an actual outage after a few minutes of the power being out you can hear the utube drain

Hummm... that doesn’t make since unless like you said the partitions in the overflow or the U tubes themselves are to short. I have had a bunch of HOB overflows over the years and the eshopps has the shortest tubes I have ever seen, however mine doesn’t break syphon. Do the tubes collect air?

This is almost exactly how mine looks..

E92791DC-C5AB-4022-93AB-29ECF6CEDF3B.png

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the tubes are collecting a air pocket that may also be contributing to your problems, if your not pushing enough water through them it happens..

64AE71D1-3405-4767-800D-FDD5D037FA71.jpeg

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the tubes are collecting a air pocket that may also be contributing to your problems, if your not pushing enough water through them it happens..

64AE71D1-3405-4767-800D-FDD5D037FA71.jpeg
well over the weekend i did some maintenance and it seems maybe i had the ball valve coming off the return pump closed too much i opened it up some and the air bubbles that were collected in the utubes pushed their way through thanks for helping now i either need to raise the baffles some or get longer utubes and i will have this issue totally solved

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 52 42.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back