• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

WTB: HOB skimmer

Brianscardoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a CPR BakPak2 Dual in good condition. Replaced the accela pumps, they have about one months use on them. Looking for 100.00

OP
OP
Ladybug5234

Ladybug5234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm leaning towards a Reef Octopus BH 2000, since I've heard good things about it. Problem is, I can't seem to find one used (good indication?). If anyone has one for sale, lmk. I'll also consider a BH 1000, depending on price and condition. Thanks all!

ReefRocker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Aqua C Remora and pump that I'm looking to get rid of for $60 plus shipping. All it needs is an O-ring for the collection cup, that's a part that costs less than $2.

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for a hang-on-back skimmer for a 65 gallon reef tank. Please let me know if you have one. Thanks!

Ladybug:

A standard Remora would be completely fine for your size of tank - grab this one for $60 and get a steal.

This is a nice choice cuz it's very inexpensive to get started while still having a decent amount of upgradability built in. You don't find this with many other skimmer makers these days, and it gives you the option of using as cheap or expensive or power efficient of a pump as you'd like. Options are plentiful. :)

The Remora Pro would be an awesome option if you want even more "expandibility" but the price will be more and it will probably take a fair amount of patience (or luck) to see a Pro come around that's as good a deal as ReefRocker's.

As ReefRocker already mentioned, the O-ring that you'd need is dirt cheap - $1.29 from amazon; $1.49 from Premium Aquatics. Your LFS may even stock one (or order you one) so you can save on the shipping...they are quite common skimmers.

Good luck!

-Matt

Last edited:

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 42 20.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 148 73.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.5%
Back