• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

WTB / ISO Modified "Filter" sock for IM NUVO 20 AIO

D.WhiteShark

Shoulder Deep in Saltwater.......Again
View Badges
Joined
Jul 7, 2017
Messages
1,396
Reaction score
1,058
Location
Paso Robles, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently looking for someone that can print up a couple filter cups with a grid on the bottom instead of the sock material (Basically if you cut the sock material off and filled the second step of the remaining piece with some type of grid)

Currently I cut the sock part off and ziptied a piece of 1/4 inch netting that we use for our tank lids to the bottom. It works ok but once the filter media starts filling up, it falls down into the void between the first "step" of the filter and bottom of the second "step" where net is. I'm using the Pinky's Filter material because it's cheap easy to change and I can buy a roll that lasts forever. It's about 3/4"-1" thick so if the cup portion that slides under the lip in the overflow was 1" deep it would be perfect for my application.

I do not have a printer or the know how so anyone that would like to take on the project please DM me your thoughts

TIA!

1759853718857.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new