• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

WTB Lid for an Original Redsea Reefer 250

Research Monkey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before I purchase the Redsea customizable lid, I figured i'd reach out to see if anyone was selling a clearview/octo/toplid lid instead. Need one for the Original / "V1" 250 tank. Located in Southern California

Top_Lids

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's our design below of our Red Sea 250 lid design. This one has an evap cover.

@HudsonReefer2.0 has a Red Sea 300 XL Top Lid from us, maybe he can chime in.

fileName_1662656503260_1662656546008_1728x (6).jpg

image_8b1ac1bc-6389-47d0-bfb5-8448415a8902_1728x (8).jpg

image_53e6ac7c-5cc4-4952-914a-65be6afc400c_1728x (1).jpg

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Top_Lids yes. This is my 2nd lid from them and I am happy with the quality of their product. I didn’t get the evap cover but it works for my needs The lid is Light weight, sturdy and designed with customer needs in mind whether its cord cut outs, feeding doors, light mount cut outs etc. Fits perfectly. Tyler was great to work with and made sure it was made to my specifications. After speaking with him, Fred reached out to finalize the details. He makes them, so your dealing directly w the fabricator. My reef is an investment of my body of work and I’m proud to display it. My TopLid just completes it and protects the moving parts aka fish Lol. Well worth it. Happy Reefing.

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Top_Lids yes. This is my 2nd lid from them and I am happy with the quality of their product. I didn’t get the evap cover but it works for my needs The lid is Light weight, sturdy and designed with customer needs in mind whether its cord cut outs, feeding doors, light mount cut outs etc. Fits perfectly. Tyler was great to work with and made sure it was made to my specifications. After speaking with him, Fred reached out to finalize the details. He makes them, so your dealing directly w the fabricator. My reef is an investment of my body of work and I’m proud to display it. My TopLid just completes it and protects the moving parts aka fish Lol. Well worth it. Happy Reefing.
71E87C9A-723A-4A38-8434-B194113448A7.jpeg

OP
OP
Research Monkey

Research Monkey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's our design below of our Red Sea 250 lid design. This one has an evap cover.

@HudsonReefer2.0 has a Red Sea 300 XL Top Lid from us, maybe he can chime in.

Love your lids! Unfortunately, i just can't get myself to drop that kind of $$ on a lid (hence the WTB thread thinking I could potentially get a used one). I'm probably going to end up getting the redsea customizable one just for cost. I'd rather put the money in other components. Another reason is that I purchased a used reefer 250 and only AFTER purchase had I started seeing all the front seam issues these tanks have had (though they seem to be impacting the bigger tanks). I'm choosing to move forward with the thought process that I may have to eventually switch tanks if anything were to happen to this one.

Top_Lids

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love your lids! Unfortunately, i just can't get myself to drop that kind of $$ on a lid (hence the WTB thread thinking I could potentially get a used one). I'm probably going to end up getting the redsea customizable one just for cost. I'd rather put the money in other components. Another reason is that I purchased a used reefer 250 and only AFTER purchase had I started seeing all the front seam issues these tanks have had (though they seem to be impacting the bigger tanks). I'm choosing to move forward with the thought process that I may have to eventually switch tanks if anything were to happen to this one.
Thanks very much for the compliment and the honesty man, we appreciate it. Yeah to be honest we personally wouldn't recommend getting one of our lids if you don't see yourself having that used Red Sea 250 long term. It just doesn't make sense if you'll only have it for a few months or a year. The lids we create are built to be perfect, and to last the lifetime of the tank (5 yr warranty) so the pricing matches that.

If you do need anything in the future just let us know, have a great evening :)

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 39 50.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.4%
Back