• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

WTB orphek Atlantic compact v4 gen 2

G_Lows

Glows
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d like to add another to my setup. Ready to buy

SVP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a compact that's partially upgraded to the icon. Since I can't stand the gateway 2 fiasco with connectivity I upgraded the control system (Pc Board with Wireless/Bluetooth iCon system, 2 Speed Controllable fans, 1 Reset button, 1 Antenna kit,1 Temperature sensor)to the icon which is 1000X better and easier. I Haven't done the leds yet but I did both upgrades on my full sized orphek lights so I know the process is easy peasy. Price is $385 shipped. The upgraded version has been used for 2 months and is currently not on a tank due to using 5 full sized icons.

OP
OP
G_Lows

G_Lows

Glows
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not familiar with the new icons, so would I still be able to use your light with my gateway? I want to be able to run both lights off the same program so there is no difference in spectrum.

McPuff

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The iCon does not need a gateway as it has its own wifi built-in. The diode boards are also different. I was going to say my buddy has a brand new iCon compact but it sounds like you don't want that version.

OP
OP
G_Lows

G_Lows

Glows
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you haven’t upgraded the leds on yours it should be the same as what I have with my current compact v2 right? If so, would it difficult to program the lights together to run the same schedule since I’d use gateway on mine, and a different platform on yours?

SVP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not familiar with the new icons, so would I still be able to use your light with my gateway? I want to be able to run both lights off the same program so there is no difference in spectrum.
In my case the leds are the same as what you have, they weren't upgraded. Only the way to access the light was upgraded to the icon. Because they sell the upgrades in 2 seperate kits or you can buy both together the upgrades can be done in stages. But to directly answer your question while the spectrum would remain the same you can't control the icon chipset with the gateway. Although I've not met a person happy with the gateway so far, so it seems you may be the first. Personally I've got 2 gateways on the shelf you can have cause they're junk ime. I couldn't be more unimpressed with the gateways nor more happy with the newer icon Bluetooth/wifi chipset. 100% night and day.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 28 16.7%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 69 41.1%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 25 14.9%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 36 21.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.0%
Back