• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

WTB: Red Tail (Sargassum) Trigger Pair- Sm/Med

BenitaSolo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like the title says, I am looking for a small-med pair or Red Tail Triggers. Also known as Sargassum Triggers. Please PM me!

I believe spring is the best availability for them but I could be wrong.

I am located in Cincinnati Ohio.

tkiry1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen a pair of crosshatches and bluethroats.. I have never seen a pair of sargussums.. I have a trio of crosshatch, sargussum, and bluethroat trigger...I know not much of help.. Lol. I don't even know what a female sargussum would look like....

OP
OP
BenitaSolo

BenitaSolo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen a pair of crosshatches and bluethroats.. I have never seen a pair of sargussums.. I have a trio of crosshatch, sargussum, and bluethroat trigger...I know not much of help.. Lol. I don't even know what a female sargussum would look like....

I would imagine they are not unlike the other females of the triggers you mention.
I had a pair of bluethroats but my male mysteriously died. Now I have a female. She’s a great fish! I don’t see why we don’t see pairs of sargassums... I always consider the bluethroats the ‘poor mans crosshatch’
The sargassum pair would be a great, unique addition. Now if i couldn’t only find a female...

Any idea why this fish is less common than most?

tkiry1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably deeper water like the new linespot trigger... That looks like the sargussum that is massively expensive...
4ddf416bbc9cf161cb1d255d71cf0da1.jpg
bb2c330efcf404ebc6ef1131064aae0e.jpg
bb75a4f558eb67456d1c8004843a1f65.jpg

Here is my trio plus a baby fuscus.. Asking for trouble on that one...I actually want a small Hawaiian Durgeon...love the black on them...

OP
OP
BenitaSolo

BenitaSolo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool tank! Who’s your favorite? I’ve been considering a crosshatch pair off of eBay. The cost for a retail pair is too high. I would spend 4-500 on a red tail pair I think

tkiry1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool tank! Who’s your favorite? I’ve been considering a crosshatch pair off of eBay. The cost for a retail pair is too high. I would spend 4-500 on a red tail pair I think

I have pairs of crosshatches and almost every time the male has killed the female... No more pairs for me... There is a hybrid pair of bluethroats/crosshatches on an online website.. Message me and I will send u link..

AllTheCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s been a paid of crosshatch on liveaquaria for a couple months. I bet they’re pretty healthy at this point. I’m not sure if LA keeps theirs pairs together or in neighboring individual tanks.

tkiry1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s been a paid of crosshatch on liveaquaria for a couple months. I bet they’re pretty healthy at this point. I’m not sure if LA keeps theirs pairs together or in neighboring individual tanks.

They say there bonded pair too I think...

OP
OP
BenitaSolo

BenitaSolo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have pairs of crosshatches and almost every time the male has killed the female... No more pairs for me... There is a hybrid pair of bluethroats/crosshatches on an online website.. Message me and I will send u link..

Really? Hmm, I always thought the females were the more aggressive sex. Maybe your cases are the exception.

That said, you have good luck keeping 3 males in one tank? How large is your tank?

tkiry1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really? Hmm, I always thought the females were the more aggressive sex. Maybe your cases are the exception.

That said, you have good luck keeping 3 males in one tank? How large is your tank?

265.... My males vary in size... Crosshatch the largest and bluethroat and sargussum are about same size.. Vary a little bit..... But I did all at same time.. I have a baby fuscus and a small durgeon and they all get along fine. They all have their little areas for their territories....

OP
OP
BenitaSolo

BenitaSolo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
265.... My males vary in size... Crosshatch the largest and bluethroat and sargussum are about same size.. Vary a little bit..... But I did all at same time.. I have a baby fuscus and a small durgeon and they all get along fine. They all have their little areas for their territories....

I’m only on a 120... a 6 foot 120 and another 4 foot 120.
I think it might be a little small for a pair but I’m still considering it

tkiry1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m only on a 120... a 6 foot 120 and another 4 foot 120.
I think it might be a little small for a pair but I’m still considering it

Gotcha... If u can upgrade eventually go for it!!

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 21 26.6%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 27 34.2%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.8%
Back