• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

WTB Stratospheres

A$AP-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title says I am looking to buy a polyp of stratosphere zoa. I lost my colony. Was always my favorite all time.

Or if no one has I am willing to be put on a waiting list and maybe a down-payment to secure a spot on one depending on reputation of person for holding payment.

Much love and hope you all are having a wonderful day.

Picture posted below is my photo.
Screenshot_20220320-135924_Photos.jpg

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SBB was the last I knew that had them and they lost their colony from what I understand. I don't think there are any OGs left. I haven't seen one on R2R in many years.

The Camero Show is the only person on here that I know of that might have them.

OP
OP
A$AP-Reefer

A$AP-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SBB was the last I knew that had them and they lost their colony from what I understand. I don't think there are any OGs left. I haven't seen one on R2R in many years.

The Camero Show is the only person on here that I know of that might have them.

There was a for sale post on Thursday, I just missed it =/ assuming it was either a legitimate strain from back 2014ish or a new strain that got brought in. Not sure but yeah. I gotta hit him up, see if I can fund his car budget lol.

Fuyuan888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone is selling stratasphere for $1600 something . Just perform a search on this forum

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was a for sale post on Thursday, I just missed it =/ assuming it was either a legitimate strain from back 2014ish or a new strain that got brought in. Not sure but yeah. I gotta hit him up, see if I can fund his car budget lol.
I don't check the for sale section anymore since they went to the new format. I used to look at it daily but it is too much of a PIA now.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just checked that thread. Those are not OG since they came from BSA. They got in a wild batch a year or 2 after the originals hit. The seller says they are hardier but I doubt it. If they were I would think we would see more for sale since BSA had them 4 or 5 years ago.

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I just checked that thread. Those are not OG since they came from BSA. They got in a wild batch a year or 2 after the originals hit. The seller says they are hardier but I doubt it. If they were I would think we would see more for sale since BSA had them 4 or 5 years ago.
Help me understand why you say BSA’s Strats can’t be the same as the OG?

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help me understand why you say BSA’s Strats can’t be the same as the OG?
I'm not saying that, I'm only saying they are not OG in that they are not from the lineage of the originals brought in a few years earlier. Some people want OG only. I see it all the time at frag swaps, people asking where they got their original frag from. I bought a bloodshot a few weeks back at a frag swap and the vendor made sure I understood they were not JF Bloodshots. Me, I would just be happy to own a strat or night fury zoa with no concern on lineage.

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
My understanding, from a friend, is that SBB brought in the OG Strats and that lineage no longer exists because they wouldn’t survive captivity and fragging. So in essence, the term “OG” is irrelevant and misleading when you talk about Strats today. People that don’t know this lineage backstory may steer clear of the BSA Strats because the term “isn’t OG” makes it appear that the BSA Strats are bogus.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My understanding, from a friend, is that SBB brought in the OG Strats and that lineage no longer exists because they wouldn’t survive captivity and fragging. So in essence, the term “OG” is irrelevant and misleading when you talk about Strats today. People that don’t know this lineage backstory may steer clear of the BSA Strats because the term “isn’t OG” makes it appear that the BSA Strats are bogus.
Are you saying SBB was the OG or that he was able to obtain one for growout?

OP
OP
A$AP-Reefer

A$AP-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to sure but back in 2013 I thought @AquaSD released them during their live sale which was on sale at 200$ a polyp, I could bebwrong if they released them but i am pretty sure.

BSA Corals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I am correct Shane obtained them again from Singapore back in 2017 after mainly everyone's melted
Shane got them from me awhile back ive had alot of them over the years. I have 2 polyps available if your interested

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told that @SBB Corals imported the OG Strats back in the day. Maybe Shane will clarify it....
As the OP already replied, AquaSD was the ones to have the original. I remember them starting at $100pp but the OP may be correct and they were $200. This was early 2014. ASD used to be bad about not keeping any of their stuff so they rarely got any big reward for big price jumps after they sold out. BSA got theirs in late 2015 and I believe they were a wild colony but they would know for sure. Over the years they have been brought in from Singapore. Not sure if they are aquacultured or wild.

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
We Believe the original ones where imported by ASD hence the name ASD Stratosphere.

We have gotten many strains throughout the years including some from Ben at BSA. We currently also got another new one and seems to be growing very well and hopefully we can release some within next 6 month.

There are a few options now to buy them around

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I had more then 2 polyps or I would sell you some! I can see why they are you faves because they are so bright! My faves are speckled kraks and just lost mine! Anyone have any for sale?

Jay'sReefBugs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good little history lesson as I have a single stratosphere coming this week . Little nervous it's going to melt my other higher end zoas are doing perfectly fine so I'll keep my fingers crossed

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 122 81.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back