• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

WTT for Monster Mash or Acid Trip chalices

twinspots_goby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Melting Pot need the right lighting in order for it to get its colors. If the chalice is happy it will grow at a decent rate and color up. It took me two year before mine even started to grow and have it multi color back again.
Melting Pot grows very slow when it a small frag but once it get to the size of a quarter and it like it surrounding it will take off fast.

Thanks Ktar for your great info.

OP
OP
I

IamRit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1. Thanks Ktar.

My NY Superman chalice did just that. It didn't takes 2 years but when it got to a certain size, it started to color up.

Last edited:

twinspots_goby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ktar - If I remember correctly, many Melting Pot owners have claimed that their frags have been receded right after being cut, then come back. Is it true?

OP
OP
I

IamRit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My frag that I got did do that. I thought I lost it but it's comming back strong.

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had or have most of the ones that people are talking about.

The best "Acid" trip style out there has got to be PNOY's Psykotic - It has a metallic hue to it that makes it look sweet regardless of lighting. He also tries to make sure it has 2 or more colors on the frags which is nice.

My MM is chllin' too, still too small for frags. I'm letting most of my rarer stuff grow out.

twinspots_goby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The best "Acid" trip style out there has got to be PNOY's Psykotic - It has a metallic hue to it that makes it look sweet regardless of lighting. He also tries to make sure it has 2 or more colors on the frags which is nice.

My MM is chllin' too, still too small for frags. I'm letting most of my rarer stuff grow out.

I'm sure all of us like to see a pic of PNOY's Psykotic

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure all of us like to see a pic of PNOY's Psykotic

Maybe he can chime in with one. I lost mine (literally - it fell somewhere in my tank) about 8 months ago. I have some pictures of my frag in my tank thread though.
I know Steve had some SWEET pictures of the colony he has. Its all that and some.

My Melting Pot is about a quarter size now, so it'll be cool to see if it takes off and gets some nice color to it.

TCK Corals

Always 100% Aquacultured
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ktar - If I remember correctly, many Melting Pot owners have claimed that their frags have been receded right after being cut, then come back. Is it true?

That is one of the reason why you don't see many people cutting up there colony. The colony itself will lose color and if stressed enough the colony will recede a little. Every time that i have fragged the MP i would have to say that most frag will recede a little then grow back. It a very delicate chalice. The MP most be happy for it to color up and lighting plays a very important part.

TCK Corals

Always 100% Aquacultured
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frank we will have see it been two year since the last time i frag this piece.

Reef 5etup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

+1 my pnoy psykotic is coloring up well, very stoked i got it from steve!

twinspots_goby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
again, please post some pics for all of us who haven't seen this beautiful piece yet.

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a picture of it when I had it.
I don't know how to take pictures of bright metallic stuff, so the color isn't right, but you get the idea.

Psykotik.jpg

twinspots_goby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's very nice. I see red and purple/blue. How many colors does it have or suppose to have?

Reef 5etup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a pic of mines a older pic a few months ago! I've noticed a few days ago more blue is coming in! Will try to get new pics later...
dsc04622r.jpg

BayCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, that's right. Now I remembered the screen name. I think I saw a thread that Baycorals post. That's one serious corals collector. I'll check with him. Maybe he'll need a couple polyps of eagle eye zoas to complete his collection. :)

The eagle eye sound tempting, but if you have a star polyp, I might just trade you 3 eyes of the Monster Mash.:tongue:

OP
OP
I

IamRit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gee, I don't know. You seem to ask alot for the trade. :cry: j/k
I'm going to check your site again. There are many pieces that I want to get from you. I want to trade for as many piece as I can. Kind of running low on funds these days.

The eagle eye sound tempting, but if you have a star polyp, I might just trade you 3 eyes of the Monster Mash.:tongue:

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 48 29.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 27.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.9%
Back