• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

WWC, Lesson learned!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeCorals81

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I am fairly new here at R2R (Best saltwater forum ever!) and recently placed several orders with different vendors. My shipments from mike @ sexycorals.com and Ian @ reefodyssey.com were just as pictured, the shipment from WWC however does not look much like the picture i was shown. Extremely disappointed. Now i can tell the difference between realistic and unrealistic pictures. Expensive lesson learned!

OP
OP
LeCorals81

LeCorals81

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard many good comments about WWC, they were very friendly throughout my purchase. Just wasnt what I expected from seeing the picture in the thread. Anyone else buy the WWC Fireball Chalice? If yes, what do you think of it?

Ricks Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Lecorals,Im new here as well.Love the forum.Sorry your WWC order was dissapointing.Have you tried to contact them about it? I have a couple corals from them but they were purchased at their store.Good Luck

Rick

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually download the pic and set the white balance on my computer before buying expensive corals on the internet. However, all sorts of things go into play with colors and how they look in the internet vs your tank. Their lighting is probably different, the camera, your computer monitor etc.

Also, do you think the coral could be stressed and will color back up? I've had corals come in the mail and look better and better after a few weeks.

gumby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
prob shipping, I just got stuff in friday and it dont look like in the pics but Im sure theyll all color up!

OP
OP
LeCorals81

LeCorals81

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Lecorals,Im new here as well.Love the forum.Sorry your WWC order was dissapointing.Have you tried to contact them about it? I have a couple corals from them but they were purchased at their store.Good Luck

Sent PM, no response yet. Thanks everybody!

OP
OP
LeCorals81

LeCorals81

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
prob shipping, I just got stuff in friday and it dont look like in the pics but Im sure theyll all color up!
No problem with shipping, got my order the next day. I hope it does color up, Thanks!

OP
OP
LeCorals81

LeCorals81

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually download the pic and set the white balance on my computer before buying expensive corals on the internet. However, all sorts of things go into play with colors and how they look in the internet vs your tank. Their lighting is probably different, the camera, your computer monitor etc.

Also, do you think the coral could be stressed and will color back up? I've had corals come in the mail and look better and better after a few weeks.

I will be more careful looking at pics next time, Thanks!

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are kind of confused. You sent us a pm the day the coral arrived saying "looks better than the picture". Now you are saying it doesn't look good? Sexy Corals got there frag and left us good feedback. Pizzapro83 got his frags and left us good feedback. As for replying to PMs, it stats clearly in our signature that they are replied to M-F 11am-8:30pm.

Gamble

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up one of the Fireball chalice frags and it looks every bit as good as the picture, I don't have a decent camera, but I will see what pictures i can post in the next week. It looked just like their picture 5 minutes after going into my tank.

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do believe WWC uses a very nice lighting setup, which helps them to achieve very nice colors on their corals-that said the order I got from them was very accurate to the pictures, but of course anything needs some time after being trasferred to achieve best colors.

Good luck with all your corals though, can't wait to see some pics when you get a chance!

Jcr's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use to be into chalices. Get all the hype and excitement from purchasing those expensive frags; then it shows up on your doorstep. Open the package and say "I spent that much on that little thing?" :waaaht: Nonetheless, I have always heard great things about WWC so I'm sure they didn't do you any wrong. Your Lighting, among other things, plays a big role in color.

OP
OP
LeCorals81

LeCorals81

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, thanks for everyones feedback. This is just my opinion. Everyone has their own. My lighting is fine, all my other lps and sps look great. WWC Fireball even looks brown in the picture sexycorals posted on his feedback. If anyone (pizzapro) likes it alot. $100 shipped!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back