wwc og bounce help

coralbeauties

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking for anyone who has healed an infected og bounce. My bounce have done well for several years and they have now gotten what I am thinking is a bacterial infection. The bubbles have shrunk up, and colors have turned flourescent neon color. Several have lost most all their color. I have tried multiple overnight dips in cipro and also tried the kfc treatment. They seem to have improved a tiny bit but not much and it has taken 6 months for any improvement at all. Just wondering if anyone else has experience this and been able to cure it? I have a buddy that has experienced the same issue. I have several other types of bounce and they are doing fine. This really pains me every time I look at them. I have over 50 of them infected if that is what is actually wrong. Post up if your having the same issue or had it and especially if youve been about to heal them.
thanks
Jeff

68 Stang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had what I thought was a bacterial infection and followed an in tank Cipro dosing schedule for a sick bounce and torch coral. The bounce recovered and I was left with 7 separate bounce‘s from the single colony. The torch also recovered from the BJD as well. Not sure if that will help you as it sounds like you tried Cipro for just the bounces. I would suggest try the whole tank dose as if it is bacterial it’s in the tank and they are potentially not recoverin.

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill look it up for the dosage and schedule. At this point I cant harm too much more.
Jeff

There's a great thread on here about it (search for cipro and bjd). I've done the every other night for three total doses in my tanks (at twice the recommended dose) and saved some torches, hammers and anemones that appeared to be on their way out with no ill effects. I'm a believer.

Reefing.with.Rich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I had a similar problem with some biohazards and gave them a kfc dip and they came back to life
The bounce isn’t as great as they were before hand but they are alive so that’s all that matters to me

CoralsAddiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My OG Bounce got walked over by a red Haddoni anemone. It looked rough for a few months and then decided to split. This is what it looked like after the walk and during the split. I didn’t do anything to treat it.
It has fully recovered and I now have 4 of them total.
IMG_6714.jpeg

Reefing.with.Rich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Hey @Reefing.with.Rich guess we are fellow daytonians. Did you attend the swap this past weedend? I added my first dose of cipro tonight and will probable follow through with 6 doses. I really hope I can turn them around.
Jeff
Yes sir I was there
I was one of the helping hands with Jeremy and Brian

OP
OP
coralbeauties

coralbeauties

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thought I would post up a few pictures of what my bounce look like. I’ve had them in lower light for a couple months now and they have been getting smaller an smaller. My buddy suggested they were starving so I moved them into higher light and fed roids to them yesterday. I’m hopeful they will turn around but it may be a long time

Attachments

• IMG_2720.jpeg
    IMG_2720.jpeg
    245 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_2721.jpeg
    IMG_2721.jpeg
    211.5 KB · Views: 84

Reefing.with.Rich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Thought I would post up a few pictures of what my bounce look like. I’ve had them in lower light for a couple months now and they have been getting smaller a smaller. My buddy suggested they were starving so I moved them into higher light and fed roids to them yesterday. I’m hopeful they will turn around but it may be a long time
Almost looks like they’re bleaching
I don’t think higher light is going to be what brings them back. Have you tried dipping them yet?

OP
OP
coralbeauties

coralbeauties

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dipped multiple times in cipro and once or twice in kfc . To me it made them worst. You’re right some are bleached. Most were bleached at one time but have gained some of their pigment back. That’s why I’m hopeful with more lighting. I moved a dozen of them to my other system today to see what happens with them. Keeping my fingers crossed
Jeff

Reefing.with.Rich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Dipped multiple times in cipro and once or twice in kfc . To me it made them worst. You’re right some are bleached. Most were bleached at one time but have gained some of their pigment back. That’s why I’m hopeful with more lighting. I moved a dozen of them to my other system today to see what happens with them. Keeping my fingers crossed
Jeff
Fingers crossed for you sir

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
did you manage to save them? i have an OG about a nickle size thats been slowly getting worse(losing color, bubbles, size). this morning i found it detached from its plug. managed to secure it to a low flow area and hope it reattaches. i dipped in iodine wednesday, and have cipro on hand but am unsure of the dosage for a dip.

OP
OP
coralbeauties

coralbeauties

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I moved them to another system that I have and put them in lower light. They have gained some of their color back but they are a long ways from where they were. Im not sure that it is an infection or not. I some what think the cipro made things worst but I did an overnight bath. Maybe it was too long a dip. I have found og's extremely tough to get to reattach versus other mushrooms. I 3d printed cages to keep them in place. Not many of them ever reattached. Having them come loose was the first sign of my problems.
good luck
Jeff

jx.reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates to share @coralbeauties? I’m running into the same issue with my biohazards and can’t seem to turn it around. I’ve tried cipro and chemiclean but neither has been effective

OP
OP
coralbeauties

coralbeauties

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Im sad to say that they have turned around some but are nowhere close to their former glory. They are no longer translucent and have gained some color back but are still small and really have no bubbles. It has been probably 8-10 months. I dont think they will ever be back to where they were. I lost all my sunkiss and frankys too. Once this starts there seems to be no stopping it and the system seems to be cursed going forward. I purchased several nice one within the last few months. They havent come down with the same symptoms but they are not expanding much at all.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back