WWC Par and Water parameters for shrooms?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@WWC Regarding shrooms. What are your water parameters as well as PAR your running bounces at?
Current Nitrates
Phosphates
Alkalinity
Salinity
Temp?
Seen alot of stuff.
Would be super helpful maybe SUPER critical for reefers to know to have the same success.

That being said I'm probably never going to let this go until I get an answer.

Peace

Last edited:

NeSsyAqua

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say if you're current parameters and placements are working then don't change a thing :)

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always good to get some advice from the experts. Waiting for the @WWC official response.

Last edited:

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it!

Our bounces and other mushrooms clearly do best in our 1200 Lagoon system with a 2" sandbed.

Nitrates - 5
Phosphates - 0.06
Alkalinity - 8.6
Salinity - 1.026
Temp - 78 degrees
The Par ranges from 175 to 225

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it!

Our bounces and other mushrooms clearly do best in our 1200 Lagoon system with a 2" sandbed.

Nitrates - 5
Phosphates - 0.06
Alkalinity - 8.6
Salinity - 1.026
Temp - 78 degrees
The Par ranges from 175 to 225

Lol thank you for that @WWC
I've seen so many different posts about you guys running your Nitrates closer to 25. Not sure if I seen anything regarding phosphates.
And yeah @BighohoReef I figured I'd go right to the original source. Ask and you shall recieve :)

Salted Tank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@WWC The light levels on your website currently list low, medium and high. Is there a PAR range for each of these levels we can refer to? Don't want to bake my little babies! :p

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@WWC The light levels on your website currently list low, medium and high. Is there a PAR range for each of these levels we can refer to? Don't want to bake my little babies! :p
Low light and mushrooms like nutrients in the water. It's more about the spectrum of the light.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Low light and mushrooms like nutrients in the water. It's more about the spectrum of the light.
Hi @WWC . Mind sharing your findings on what spectrum they favor for you guys?
I ask because I have been slightly elevating my uv channel in particular and noticing great response.

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @WWC . Mind sharing your findings on what spectrum they favor for you guys?
I ask because I have been slightly elevating my uv channel in particular and noticing great response.

To tell you the truth that we haven't seen too much difference when we change the intensity up or down. What intensity have you brought it up to?

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To tell you the truth that we haven't seen too much difference when we change the intensity up or down. What intensity have you brought it up to?
Sorry dont want to confuse anyone here with the "UV" refference.
To clarify im running the Photon V2+ at the brsinvestigates reccomended settings for softies.
All I've done is gradually bump up the violet channel setting by 5%.
That accompanied with getting my NO3 levels 10-15ppm and Po4 around 1 has shown great coloration, bouncing and growth explosion over last few months.
Not sure what played the greatest part but I think it was the nutrients as they started blowing up with higher nutrient levels before I upgraded my light.

On Edit:
@WWC On Edit

I forgot to ask you mentioned spectrum. Mind sharing your results in what your seeing is best spectrum for your mushrooms? I'm ordering seneye shortly to check mine. Ive played with higher par and intensity. But have been noticing good and bad results playing with the spectrum. Ive seen most favorable results just raising the violet channel slowly.
Really curious where your finding best results and with what spectrum

Last edited:

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry dont want to confuse anyone here with the "UV" refference.
To clarify im running the Photon V2+ at the brsinvestigates reccomended settings for softies.
All I've done is gradually bump up the violet channel setting by 5%.
That accompanied with getting my NO3 levels 10-15ppm and Po4 around 1 has shown great coloration, bouncing and growth explosion over last few months.
Not sure what played the greatest part but I think it was the nutrients as they started blowing up with higher nutrient levels before I upgraded my light.

On Edit:
@WWC On Edit

I forgot to ask you mentioned spectrum. Mind sharing your results in what your seeing is best spectrum for your mushrooms? I'm ordering seneye shortly to check mine. Ive played with higher par and intensity. But have been noticing good and bad results playing with the spectrum. Ive seen most favorable results just raising the violet channel slowly.
Really curious where your finding best results and with what spectrum
You can download our lighting schedules off our website to see what we keep our shrooms under.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back