WWC Purple Candle

29bonsaireef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have this peice? I've had a frag for about a year now that has not really done anything but a little encrusting. The color has been pretty drab, brownish/purplish with some hints of yellow at the tips.

This is the only image I have of this piece ATM. Just curious if any other acro addicts have this piece colored and growing?

IMG_0750.jpeg

OriginalUserName

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got one in the live sale last month. So far it's doing well. I don't have much color on the tips but the body is getting a nice opalescent purple color. I'll try and grab a pic.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a medium piece about 2x2 inches. It kinda stays a muted purple, but it should get really bright greenish/yellow tips. You tips should get brighter as it grows. Unfortunately in my eyes, this one was another of WWCs oversold and photoshopped offerings that will never live up to the type. It is less than $50 a frag around here... which is where it should be. It is a good coral, but not a great one, IMO.

It can get some cool growth patterns as it grows, kinda like a Lorpies. This might be the saving feature for it, but I will not know for another six months.

OP
OP
29bonsaireef

29bonsaireef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kind of how I feel about it, currently. I never heard of it, got it in a pack from another hobbyist. WWC images look great, but it has yet to impress. What par levels do ya'll keep it at? Feeling it may need some more light to really blossom. I placed mine lower with some of my other smooth skins based off it's appearance.

Definitely think this piece has more to show, and the structure is very cool.. Guess ill wait it out for now and see what comes

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am 450+ (apogee 510) about 6" under the water under Halides, but it is towards the back a bit. Lack of light is no issue where it currently is. I grows well and I truly feel that the color looks sustainable and legit... not too dark nor bleached out. I just think that it is what it is... a good, but not great coral.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 67 34.4%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back