wwc purple monster placement

Jerzyray

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 25, 2016
Messages
435
Reaction score
165
Location
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well the title says it all. i run the hydra HD 26 on a 24'' cube. I had it lower in the tank with my other zoa's and it seams to be stretching to the light, then moved the about half way up, and it still looks like it wants more..
 
D996B94D-C545-4DE6-86B0-43875B66F05E.jpeg
I have mine all the way on top where lot of light and flow and they loves it
 
I keep mine in 80-120 par if that helps. I find most zoas do better in those conditions. On my frag tank (24x12x12) I have one AI Prime HD 8 inches from the top of the water. I run it at about 26W and that gives an average of like 100 PAR throughout the tank.
 
Keep it where you moved it the 2nd time it needs sone time to adjust

I agree with oohkris about keeping it there for a while and then adjust accordingly. My purple monster do love light though and do better in higher light.
 
Mine do much better up top. Top being within 4” of the water surface vs the bottom at 18”. On the bottom they are reaching with 2 xr15 gen 4 and 2 Kessil A360we’s @45%.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new