WXM Connection Issue

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Radions continuously drop the connection to the WXM or the WXM connection to APEX. This was happening 2-3 times a week, and has done so 3 times today. I have relocated the WXM in case interference was an issue but to no avail they just turned off again. Looking thru here and there I cannot find a solution or a similar issue. I have a reef link on my sons tank that I can connect thru for ESL and so far his lights have never given him or I and disconnect issue.

Any Ideas?

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I hooked up my WXM module i updated the software on both before I linked them together and haven't had any issues.

OP
OP
ADAM

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked Ecotech due to the lights remaining white(buttons on the light), said there wasn’t much they could do since it was a third party controller and they would not be able to login and see the light for diagnostics. Thought I might ask here before contacting Neptune CS Incase I’m missing something obvious.

The lights and WXM were both updated at original install per the installation instructions, and then again last week after the issue had occurred for the 3 time. Still today the lights would lose connection after about an hour of running....power off...power on...recheck Fusion....lights run for a while then off..... and now I’m here....

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to speculate, but it sounds like the WXM module wireless feature may be going bad or is bad.

OP
OP
ADAM

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to speculate, but it sounds like the WXM module wireless feature may be going bad or is bad.
I was leaning towards this after the relocation of the module had no effect. Just switched the lights to ESL to see if connection issues will still be present. The WXM and Radions in question were just bought during Black Friday so hopefully its just the aquabus cable if anything. Ordering another cable to try that out too

vhuang168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the reeflink and the wxm in close proximity to each other? When you connected the lights to the WXM, did you do a factory reset?

OP
OP
ADAM

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the reeflink and the wxm in close proximity to each other? When you connected the lights to the WXM, did you do a factory reset?
The "modules" are in different rooms, and when switching modules I would reset the lights as well. When the second connection fault occurred I made doubly sure to reset and update WXM and factory reset the XR15s. The Reeflink is 15-20ft away thru two walls so hopefully that won't cause an issue, doubt it will since they are connected already and the program should be store in the light.

OP
OP
ADAM

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since connecting to the Reeflink three days and no issues with the lighting. Using the same CORAL LAB program phx14 the color appears much “crisper”as well. Which I believe the files in Fusion are only really just close replicas by most of the users, not knocking Apex in anyway, but just that I have noticed a color change also. Dunno for sure but I guess time will tell.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back