WXM unplugged= Radion.....?

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If my WXM were to become unplugged is the lighting information (timing & spectrum) saved into the light itself where it would still operate as normal just be unavailable for wireless control, OR would the Radion(s) remain OFF until the WXM was reconnected? Also, if the Radions remain at the lighting point which they became disconnected from the WXM and the program does not continue without the WXM then midday lighting power could stay ON indefinitely until you noticed the issue, correct? (In cases where you may be out of town)

Probably been asked before but I didn’t see it on the first few pages of threads.

OP
OP
ADAM

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Understand the Apex is “storing” that program or computing the program thru the translator (WXM ). But say I unplug the WXM at sunrise time, will the light forever be ON at that intensity? Or, would the light continue the lighting program and just not be available wirelessly? I believe they will continue as programmed because they can be programmed with the USB cable and a PC with Exotechs software and therefore the program would be stored in the fixture itself. The Reeflink and WXM just make it “easier” by use of the wireless function. I ask because I’m just not 100% sure on this with regard to the WXM, and when I’m home I normally don’t think about it until later on in the evening when the lights are off and I’m gone before they would come on in the morning too.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back