Wyoming Whites

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are they really that rare? I haven't done much research about them but it seems they are not as abundant as the Platinums. anyone that has them, post away. 1smile1

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wyoming whites aren't extremely rare. Katy at c-quest recently moved their faculty in land to the US instead of being in Puerto Rico, so they are probably still in the stages of getting their fish breeding again. I'd say in the next little bit, we will see more if they get them breeding again.

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wyoming whites aren't extremely rare. Katy at c-quest recently moved their faculty in land to the US instead of being in Puerto Rico, so they are probably still in the stages of getting their fish breeding again. I'd say in the next little bit, we will see more if they get them breeding again.
Thanks for the info. :)

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sure would be nice to start seeing some of these wyoming whites being sold again I for 1 am lookin to get a pair in the future

Just Clownin Around

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to break the bubble but they are extremely rare.
C quest is pretty much defunct. They have not produced any fish in about 2 years. Won't return any calls from people either. The number one sales person is working for someone else

Just Clownin Around

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know a bunch of stores and breeders that have been trying to contact her and she refuses to answer there calls. I wish they would put a few fish out there. No one has onyx like there's.

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting, maybe I should call her? It was under 6 months ago I talked to her. I don't think that they would throw their business out like that, but who knows...

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yikes! so the few that they come out with are it?!? maybe in a few years, there will be more breeders that'll come out with them.

Just Clownin Around

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most breeders or people that are trying to breed these are unsuccessful to date. If you do find some be very careful most "unknown" breeders are trying to pass off platiniums as whyoming whites. 2 of my friends got burned already. I have had fish hatch out but none with any markings to call home about

Alpha Aquaculture

Designer Clownfish Hatchery
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To clarify for people looking. Wyoming Whites are basically mostly white ocellaris. Platinums are percula. Platinums are common but 'White Ocellaris' or Wyoming Whites are rare at the moment. I have one and try to get them all the time but they are not easy to come by. That all will change in time :)

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To clarify for people looking. Wyoming Whites are basically mostly white ocellaris. Platinums are percula. Platinums are common but 'White Ocellaris' or Wyoming Whites are rare at the moment. I have one and try to get them all the time but they are not easy to come by. That all will change in time :)
you're right Kris. all in due time. I cannot put them in my tank anyway. OR maybe I'll set up a tank just for them. :hammer:

Alpha Aquaculture

Designer Clownfish Hatchery
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this count as a Wyoming White? Its an ocellaris :)

12-30-2011-IMG_6618.jpg

oceancube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well theres currently 3 of us breeders with actual pairing of wyoming whites that i know of, theres alot of people also with pairings with just one wyoming white with different females(black and white darwin,occellaris)none of us has yet to be successful, i can say that my pair is producing fertalized eggs, my last batch i had about 15 fry left over but i was not home the week of hatch, so i lost out, soon there will be more ww babies all a matter of time.. as for katy addison all i can say is i used to talk to her on a regular basis and all of a sudden last year we lost contact, i mean she never answers the phone etc. so they are up in the air, they do have the best onyx clowns period i agree!!!

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well theres currently 3 of us breeders with actual pairing of wyoming whites that i know of, theres alot of people also with pairings with just one wyoming white with different females(black and white darwin,occellaris)none of us has yet to be successful, i can say that my pair is producing fertalized eggs, my last batch i had about 15 fry left over but i was not home the week of hatch, so i lost out, soon there will be more ww babies all a matter of time.. as for katy addison all i can say is i used to talk to her on a regular basis and all of a sudden last year we lost contact, i mean she never answers the phone etc. so they are up in the air, they do have the best onyx clowns period i agree!!!
cool. hopefully, in the next 6-8 months, we'll see more baby Wyoming Whites. I'm interested to see what percentage of Wyoming Whites do you get from a hatch. I wonder if it's about the same percentage of Plats produced by Picasso's.

Macropora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would be interested in a pair of WW if they come back out again. Anyone know what is the going rate for a pair?

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 74 45.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 45.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 15 9.1%
Back