Wyze Webcam 3D Printed Sump/Tank Mount

Reef AquaCult

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I needed a way to monitor my sump while I'm away so I made this today. The threads are 1/4-20, you can pick up 1 inch long nylon screws at your big box store. The threads are modeled but you can also use a tap set from Harbor freight to make the threads better. The threads you can't see on the image because they're on the inside side of the sump. Its currently installed on a 40g breeder tank. You could also use it to mount on your display tank. I used a strong double sided tape because it wasn't a tight fit but it worked well. Enjoy!

Thingiverse Link

Screen Shot 2019-10-02 at 8.15.34 PM.png
IMG_2937.JPG

brandon clow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These cameras are great for this, excellent idea! I wonder how they hold up in lower flow (less salt spray) areas. I keep mine on my desk across from my tank but want to try this out.

OP
OP
Reef AquaCult

Reef AquaCult

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These cameras are great for this, excellent idea! I wonder how they hold up in lower flow (less salt spray) areas. I keep mine on my desk across from my tank but want to try this out.
Not sure about how they'll hold up. The camera I got for $20 on Amazon so if it lasts 6 months or a year and allows me to monitor the tank remotely its a win. I like to make sure the Dos AWC is working so I get an alarm when the AWC starts and I can visually see the water level in sump and also see the water dripping into the sump

328 reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great camera!!! I added one to the top of my overflow, so I can see water movement in the main display. and one camera on facing the baby clownfish area.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 76 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back